Monday, September 10, 2012

September Update

We've had a busy end to the summer and are enjoying the beautiful (and humidity-free) weather that just arrived following the tornado-crazy weather this weekend.

Nico is picking up more and more words, expressions and songs these days. His latest? "Go away mommy". Yeah, not my favorite, but it's kinda funny I'll admit. He now also sings along and reenacts the Toy Story movie; not really surprising since he's seen it a gazillion times by now.

We've had a couple rounds of illness, the latest this past weekend. They always seem to coincide with one of us being on travel for work which makes it extra trying. After being cooped up sick for a couple of days this past week I took Nico out to a farm in MD that has acquired items from the old Enchanted Forest that closed. He had a great time sliding, running, feeding the goats and "riding the cow."

Nico and daddy are buddies these days and Nico says we're going to get daddy each morning when he wakes up, even though daddy is away for a few more days. I taught Nico how to make daddy's coffee with the Kuerig a few weeks ago and now on Saturdays he wants to make daddy's coffee. This weekend, since daddy was gone, he offered to make mine :) Other kitchen adventures have included making chocolate chip cookies and play doh. He's a pretty good helper and will even sweep the floor with his broom...until he decides to start whacking Nola with it.But they're buds too - lately he wants to sleep with Nola at the foot of our bed for naps. Unfortunately, I'm not sure Nola wants to share her space.



Hugs to everyone!


2 comments:

  1. Love the photos Amanda! I miss that sweet little face of his - Nico is just growing up way too fast. I still have a few late berries to pick if you guys want to come for a while :-)Thanks for sharing honey!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Miss my punkinhead!!! and you too. I'm still available for nanny-ing if you need me ;)

    ReplyDelete