Nico started soccer this fall. He seems to enjoy it - especially making goals. The team has shrunk from 7 players to 5, so they're getting lots of field time. We're counting ourselves lucky that he doesn't (a) freeze on the field and stare at his shoes, (b) cry, or (c) stare at us instead of the game.
Kindergarten has been a learning experience for all of us, probably most of all for me. I think I've succeeded in getting them increased playground time (up from 15 min to 30) - at least that's what I was told. He has gotten into learning all his sight words and really notice them in books. Just this week he read his first book! He's also had his first school dance - his dance routine includes: jumping jacks, snaps, Spidey fingers, mountain climbers and a twirl. Check it out.
Since the weather has gotten cooler, we've started taking more walks. A lot of the time he's been talking about death and dying. I think some of it is an age/phase thing and some has to do with Uncle Chuck and Abuelita both dying this year. He often asks what happens when people die - I've told him people live in our hearts - but also ask him what he thinks. I'm not sure where he gets all his ideas, but he thinks people fly into heaven to be with God. The other night, he asked who God was and I said, I wasn't entirely sure, and asked what he thought. He got very quiet for a few seconds, then looked at me with big eyes and said - Is he Thor???!! I laughed so hard. He is a funny one.
Iris is also growing up. We took the kids to see Disney on Ice earlier this month and suddenly, she's discovered Elsa and Anna! She asks every evening if we can go see Else and Anna. And if we can't, can we watch them on TV? And can we listen to Let it Go? So, I don't think she's wearing her Hulk costume for Halloween. She's starting to do puzzles - a phase I like. After a busy Saturday this past weekend, all three of us spent Sunday morning doing puzzles together and relaxing. She's mostly potty trained - still having some accidents with #2, but good otherwise.
Lately, she wants to snuggle in Bro-Bro's bed at night with mommy stuck in the middle. Eventually, I get up and make my way back to my bed. Then Nico comes in. And finally, Iris wakes up and Todd brings her in. Then Todd gets up, and I get up and all that's left is this:
We also finally got a family vacation in over Columbus Day weekend. We headed down to the Florida panhandle and got lucky with perfect weather. The kids had a great time in the ocean, as well as the Disney outlet store :) We also got lucky by finding two awesome donut spots, a miniature French Quarter, and an orchestra by the sea.
Pics from FL
Fall pics
October pics
Until next time!





No comments:
Post a Comment